Monday 19 August 2013

Gathered and Pleated Cushion







Caroline is my PA and she started with me in January and 
has got hooked on creating textiles!
She brought in this gathered , pleated cushion she had made
and everyone wanted to know how it was made.
So I said,"How about teaching it to the class?"
"Ok" she said and on Textile Thursday she did.
She did fantastic and you can see it was a very busy morning.
 She said she preferred doing her job though not mine!
I have asked her if she would teach it again in December
when I am away in India as everyone enjoyed it so much.
The main task is marking everything out before you
gather stitch it all up.
The gathering stitch is called Canadian Smocking.
See a great You Tube video how to do the smocked cushion
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment