After painting and stamping an abstract background I then used watereddown green ink to paint over the background of Lutradur that had not been painted. I allowed this to dry naturally because it you use a heat gun on Lutradur it will melt, as it is 100% polyester. The holes that are formed, due to it melting are ideal if you want to view more of a backgound through, similar to a lace effect.
So when it had dried I then overpainted the surface again with liliac fabric paint. This seems to be the colour of the month so far. I started playing with purples in November. See Working Practice on my website and art blog http://www.art2inspire.co.uk/
These are now ready for stitching and embellishing.