Monday 28 May 2012

Mixed Media Textile Tuesdays





As you can see by the photographs there were a lot of different textiles being created @The Gallery this session. I brought the embellishers in and several people experimented. Jenny embellished circles and then printed over the top of them to add detail. I often print or paint on my base embellishment fabric before I start to add that extra layer. I will be demonstrating more Embellishing technique later.
More Dresden Plates are being made as students decide that want to have a try with another patchwork block technique. Bags being finished and modelled. Mandy's colourful bag at the bottom is her Grand Daughter beach bag and Sue made another beach bag using the circle applique technique I demonstrated a couple of weeks ago. It is made out of all recycled fabrics.
See more of what happens in these sessions by clicking the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment