Thursday 1 September 2011

Purple Textile




Monday after some gardening with Stewart,
I got into the Studio for some creativity.
I used some tyvek fabric, added stitching
and lace.
This I painted and allowed to semi dry and
then with the studio door open, melted it with
an hot air gun! I added embossing powders and more paint and
melted some more.
I made several layers using the same technique.
I then machine stitched and I am now hand stitching more
details and beads.
Above are areas of the piece of work before I added
more stitching to it.
I will show you the finished piece shortly.
I must be working in a colour theme, Purple!

1 comment:

  1. I have worked with the tyvek, but you have some very interesting things you are doing with it. I am very interested in seeing the woven paper project. Please give some description of what you did with it. Love the new posts.

    ReplyDelete