Sunday 7 November 2010

Free Machine Embroidery

Jeanette is making fabric books in the shape of an archway.
After making the backgrounds and window shapes she is
making free machine embroidery additions to add details
and interest.
I normally use the water soluble plastic to embroider on
but Jeanette is using the water soluble paper!
It worked well but takes a little longer to dissolve and leaves
a bit of a pulpy residue around the intense detail.
I showed Jenette how to tease the pulpy bits out with a firm brush,
be careful not to pull or distort the stitches.
After its all dissolved the stitched interest can be cut out and I
use a soldering iron to reveal the layers of coloured
sheers underneath.
She more of my work on my website
www.art2inspire.co.uk
the fine details

No comments:

Post a Comment