Saturday 25 August 2012

Speaker Linda Turner






I am a member of Alevea Quilters who meet once a month on the third Wednesday evening in Feltwell.
This evening we had 'Show and Tell', Meg showed her latest finished Scrap Quilt. Liz showed us a Pink Old Quilt she had just purchased, Barbara showed us her amazing wholecloth quilt that had taken her just over five years to complete. I just love these and one day, one day I have promised myself I will do a wholecloth quilt for myself. My 'Tell' for the evening was the City and Guilds had been completed and as their were two members in the group who had just completed the Patchwork and Quilting Level One I showed their finished quilts and my Stitch book. The 'Show and Tell' was so interesting but the evening didn't stop there, Linda Turner who is one of our members was the Speaker for the evening. She told us how she started only four and half years ago and her fist piece of patchwork which is photograph two above and then some of her work and latest creations. Linda also teaches in America regulary and has a log cabin there.
See her work on her wonderful website www.lindaturner.co.uk
See her blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment