Saturday 23 July 2011

White Mixed Media Felted Fleece


On Thursday I had a studio Felt Making.
As some of you know I have been processing
the Fleeces from Little Abbey Farm and The Alpaca Barn.
Thursday I got the chance to make them into felt.
What seemed hours of carding, enough to do some really
large pieces 1.5 metres long and
a few small ones here is the result.
The picture at the very top is of the
dry mixed media felt and the bottom is when it is wet
and in the middle of the felting process.
It was lovely being hands on.
Pulling, rubbing rolling and rinsing.
I used lavender soap from
Norfolk Lavender this time for felt making,
so it helped with the relaxing process.
I made the felt on the veranda of my studio,
so it was lovely seeing and enjoying the
garden and bird visitors.
I was tired at the end of the day.
The pieces are now ready for machine and
hand embroidery.
See an amazing felt exhibition video
on my tech site

No comments:

Post a Comment